Friday, August 1, 2008

My Scrapbooking evolution

Scrapbooking started for me (like half the scrapbooking community) after I was invited to a friends Creative Memories party. Creative Memories produces great product and I have been a loyal customer for quite some time but in the last 12 months I have definitely felt the need to expand my scrapping repertoire. I think some things will never change (I don't do lumpy bumpy in my albums) but other things have already started to change. I've been experimenting with different cardstock because I'm frustrated by the lack of colors available through CM and have fallen in love with colormates cardstock. This cardstock cuts so beautifully that its hard for me to imagine how I coped before I discovered it. This week I've also given bazzil a go and am also impressed with how it cuts. I have avoided bazzil for years because of all the internet chatter about how the craft robo doesn't cut it well, my experience this week has been that the chatter is wrong. I've also started experimenting with chalking as you may have noticed on the coastal files. This is something I definitely want to continue and will hopefully get better at as time goes on.

With my Thailand album I've decided to embrace some of these new things. I had such a great time on my holiday so I want my album to be a work of art (or at least I'm going to try) Because of this my files might change a little. I'm still going to do my titles but I also want to make other elements to go on the pages as well. I will try to keep them flexible and will make most of them available individually as well as making a complete page bundle for those who want all the elements.

The first Thailand page I'm working on is the elephant trek that we went on. Here is a photo from that day. I'm on the front elephant with Jackson and Steve (my husband) and Deanna are on the elephant set back slightly.


I will start posting the files for this page next week and hope you all enjoy seeing what I create. I will also show you the finished pages as I get them done as well. I also hope you all jump in and let me know if you don't like the way my files are heading.

No comments: